Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for someone who is passionate about good user experience design who can lead the way in bridging art and engineering for our exciting 2D mobile game project. You'll be key in ensuring effective technical solutions are in place to realise the project’s artistic ambitions.
- Collaborate with the Project Leads and Engineering team planning and developing features for 2D mobile games
- Implement high quality game UI and other visuals, ensuring technical integrity and optimisation for mobile platforms
- Create and integrate visual FX and animations and plan workflows which allows the team to iterate and refine visual features
- Provide status updates and reports to stakeholders both internal and external
- Define standards and guidelines and mentor Junior Technical Artists
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of Unity, especially Unity’s UI system
- Knowledge of Scripting knowledge of C# and Python
- Knowledge of shader programming, animation, performance and optimisation
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- A portfolio of work
- Strong interest in UI/UX design principles
- Experience working with teams on 2D mobile games in a live ops environment
- Knowledge and interest in 3D art packages, pipelines and industry developments
- A passion for making and playing games!
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 150 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games. We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Working with us
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in an ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
Applying for this role
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small recruitment team we try our very best to respond to everyone that applies but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re very grateful for every application that we receive.
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team.