Senior Technical Animator
Due to an increase in size and projects we're looking for a Technical Animator to join our
awesome team here in London!
- Working in cross-discipline teams across animation, engineering and art, creating compelling characters and breathing life into animations while also maintaining high technical standards and game performance
- Building dynamic animation systems for soft and rigid bodies, cloth, IK and FK, ragdoll physics and blending animations
- Planning and implementing animation state machines
- Strong communication across disciplines as well as good organisation and time management with the ability to propose, articulate and coordinate solutions
- Performing performance benchmarking, profiling tests and optimisation
- Assist in defining and documenting asset budgets, standards and guidelines
- Ability to assist in related areas is a plus, eg. asset rigging, shader programming and lighting
- Participate in R&D of new techniques and incorporate into the animation / production
- We are looking for exceptionally skilled technical animators with well-rounded portfolios and AAA experience.
- Other requirements are outlined below.
- 2-3 years of experience within the AAA games industry, with at least 1 shipped title
- Broad range of 3D and 2D skills
- Knowledge of animation techniques, physics simulation and related maths. As well as familiarity with industry standard workflows
- Experience creating procedural and parametric animations
- Strong experience with Unity
- Experience scripting in Python and C# (Unity Editor Scripting)
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- A passion for playing and making games!
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 150 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games. We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Working with us
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in an ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
Applying for this role
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small recruitment team we try our very best to respond to everyone that applies but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re very grateful for every application that we receive.
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team.