PHP Developer - Web Tools
We’re looking for a PHP developer to work on GameFuel™, our leading game management technology.
GameFuel™ is a central platform that supports all of games, resulting in massive efficiency savings during development and enabling us to continually tune our games once live. Almost every discipline involved in the development of a game rely on GameFuel on a daily basis to support their work. It provides authoring tools and robust workflows enabling game designers, artists and other content creators to make significant changes to the game without touching a line of code.
GameFuel™ is critical to our live games, dealing with millions of requests per day from players located globally.
- Maintain an established application, working on new features and bug fixes
- Communicate closely with project teams to understand new needs and potential quality-of-life improvements
- Design new features and enhancements
- Operate, monitor and troubleshoot a live application
- Explore and learn new technologies, contributing to studio-wide best practises and knowledge
- Highly proficient in PHP
- Familiarity with good development practices (source control, automated testing)
- Experience developing online games, apps, websites or other online services
- Passion; for gaming or programming in general. We're looking for someone who genuinely cares about the quality of the work they produce
The following skills are a bonus, but not necessarily required:
- Experience using AWS
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated build procedures
- An understanding of the techniques used for building high performance, scalable software
- Experience working with CDNs such as AWS CloudFront, Cloudflare, Fastly or Akamai
- Knowledge of C#
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 150 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games. We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Working with us
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in an ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
Applying for this role
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small recruitment team we try our very best to respond to everyone that applies but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re very grateful for every application that we receive.
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team.