We're looking for someone with strong community management experience to jump in the line to lead our Community strategy, development and management.
Working across all of our Original IPs, including the upcoming Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, and the studio itself, you’ll be ensuring our online presence is as engaging and collaborative as we are IRL. Using your incredible expertise to handle Mediatonic & game-specific social media accounts, you’ll build a large, engaged and totally unique community both with our players and as a presence in the games industry itself across a variety of platforms.
Working closely alongside our Marketing , Development & Exec teams, you'll be designing, building and executing our online and community strategies and structure at Mediatonic from the ground up.
Mediatonic has been so busy building one of the UK’s largest creative game devs we forgot to tell anyone. With multiple high-profile launches on the horizon, we're now being forced out of the shadows and looking for someone with superstar panache to carve our our own unique space in the games world. Passionate about games, the people who make them, and the people who play them, you'll excite players via live-streams, Dev Diaries, flawless writing and events.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Build, lead and support a whole new level of player Community, with a studio committed to live games and player partnership - and developing a new title built around a ‘Game Show’ format
- Work as the conduit between our players and the development and marketing teams, assessing and communicating key information; ensuring community feedback and sentiment has visibility
- Work closely with our Marketing Manager and exec team to help build communities around Mediatonic itself - in both the industry as a thought leader and global business with a difference - and a game developer with a totally recognizable and unique sensibility to our players
- Maintain consistent, flawlessly high quality presence and communication across multiple channels including forums, Discord, Twitch, and Twitter
- Lead in developing community strategies for growth and retention
- Develop rules and practices to keep community spaces welcoming and positive places for our players; act as a guardian and enforcer of those values
- Comfortable in the role of presenter, whether in live streams, development videos or in person at events
An indomitable spirit that finds chatting to people about games all day a thrilling prospect, you have proven experience growing and managing online communities and are committed to keeping those spaces friendly and supportive.
- Previous success in developing and managing online communities
- Current and on-going knowledge of industry trends, competitors, platforms and community strategies
- Strong understanding of popular social media tools and channels
- Ability to translate data and feedback into easily digestible information for large teams and key stakeholders
- Experience livestreaming games not required but is a definite plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity of modern web CMS systems such as Craft, Wordpress etc, not essential but a bonus
- Previous customer service experience, no matter what industry, is not required but a plus
- Desire to tap into and become a key part of a friendly, creative culture
- A love for games and the gaming community
- Hunger to be a part of a studio culture in ‘build it together!’ mode
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you? Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential.
***Any links to your work in action whether they're streams, forum announcements, or social channels you're in charge of, are highly appreciated***
For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.