Junior 2D Technical Artist
We are looking for someone who is passionate about great user experience design who can support feature teams by bridging art and engineering for our exciting 2D mobile game project. You will ensure content and features are efficiently created and integrated into the game while realising the project’s artistic ambitions.
- Reporting to the lead TA, work closely with the team to build technical solutions for visual features in our 2D mobile games
- Implement high quality game UI and other visuals, ensuring technical integrity and optimisation for mobile platforms
- Create and integrate visual FX and animations which allow the team to iterate and refine visual features
- Provide recommendations, estimates and status updates to the team
- Provide support to artists with technical troubleshooting and guidance
- A strong portfolio of work
- Strong knowledge of Unity, especially Unity’s UI system
- Some experience of scripting, shader programming, animation and optimisation
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interest in UI/UX design principles
- Experience working on games in a studio
- Knowledge and interest in 3D art packages, pipelines and industry developments
- A passion for playing and making games!
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 150 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games. We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Working with us
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in an ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
Applying for this role
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team.