Office Manager - Fortitude Games - Part time
As the part-time office manager of our Guildford studio, you’ll be supporting our team of 20 and helping to grow a studio with a strong creative and people-focused culture. You are the heart of the office; responsible for creating and maintaining an exceptional environment for team members and visitors alike!
You’ll be working on:
People and relationships
- Providing support to the team. Arranging parties, lunches, and small but creative gestures to celebrate company success and seasonal events.
Hospitality and visitors
- Ensuring visitors can access the office and enjoy their time with us.
- Ensuring the office is clean and tidy, and people can access what they need. Liaising with cleaning company.
- Ensuring the office is secure, everything works, and people are safe. Liaising with building management and/or trades. Coordinating office moves or responding to incidents if necessary.
- Ensuring we have everything we need such as food and drink, stationary, entertainment library, etc.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of supplier relationships, keyholders, policies, and certifications.
- Support leadership and business team with tasks such as collating receipts or arranging transport and accommodation.
Hours: 9.30am - 6pm, 3 days per week
We are seeking someone with strong attention to detail that can get stuck in immediately, identifying ways to improve the space and experience. A good candidate would be someone that enjoys interacting with others, has a natural sense of humour, and enjoys bringing order to chaos in a creative way. Ideally you would have:
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience
- Exceptional time management skills and confidence balancing proactive and reactive work
- Good understanding of relevant HSE regulation
- Able to communicate your ideas clearly, concisely and efficiently
- Proficient in Word, Powerpoint and Excel (or Google equivalents)
- Adaptable and able to quickly pick-up new skills and ways of working
- Comfortable working closely with others and looking after creative people
- Willingness to undergo Fire Marshal and First Aid training
It is important to note that this role will involve both exciting new initiatives with a lot of encouragement, and tactfully delivering reminders and responding to complaints. It is important that you understand how to stay attentive and positive when dealing with frustrated people as well as grateful ones.
Fortitude is a new studio based in Guildford, UK, dedicated to building innovative and creative games. Our team includes multi-BAFTA nominated talent and we have a close and highly-developed working relationship with parent company Mediatonic and their extensive network and support.
We are looking for highly-motivated and talented individuals with the passion to work as part of a small team to create a world-class games studio.
We look forward to your application!