Senior Technical Artist
Due to an increase in size and projects we're looking for a new Senior Tech Artist to join our awesome team here in London!
- Support the art team to help achieve the desired art target in-game while also maintaining high technical standards and game performance.
- Build art tools and automation processes to improve efficiency of the studio’s art pipeline
- Propose, articulate and coordinate solutions working in cross-discipline teams
- Strong communication across disciplines as well as good organisation and time management.
- Performing asset benchmarking and profiling tests and game optimisation
- Assist in defining and documenting art budgets, standards and guidelines
- Assisting with a mix of asset rigging, shader programming, animation and in-game lighting
- Participate in R&D of new techniques and incorporate into the art / production pipeline
We are looking for exceptionally skilled artists with well rounded portfolios and AAA experience.
Other requirements are outlined below.
- 2-3 years of experience within the AAA games industry, with at least 1 shipped title
- Broad range of 3D and 2D skills
- Knowledge of art pipelines and process automation and familiarity with industry standard art software packages such as Photoshop and Maya
- Experience creating procedural and parametric animations
- Strong experience with Unity
- Experience scripting in Python and C# (Unity Editor Scripting)
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- A passion for playing and making games!
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 150 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games. We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Working with us
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in an ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
Applying for this role
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small recruitment team we try our very best to respond to everyone that applies but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re very grateful for every application that we receive.
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team.