Senior Artist (3D)
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
We are looking for a senior game artist to join our Mediatonic studio in Madrid to lead a new art team and work in projects like Gears (of War) POP!, PC Building Simulator and more (cannot disclose here).
You are a senior game artist with experience in a variety of game titles and genres. You would like to help bring an art team together and lead by example by working in several outstanding projects on a variety of platforms including mobile, PC/Steam and consoles.
We offer permanent contract, salary based on experience, a great working place and more perks and benefits.
- 5+ years of video game art development experience.
- Comprehensive portfolio showing wonderful examples of your craft.
- Support full 3D pipelines from modelling, texturing, lighting and rendering; understanding of how to deliver these for a real-time environment.
- Expert understanding of industry modelling and texturing tools and solid ability to create original, complex 3D assets for rigged animation.
- Proficiency with Unity.
- A strong level of spoken and written English to communicate with the London team.
- A clear understanding of the particular challenges in game development, such as art workflow, performance optimisations, and supporting multiple platforms.
- Solid understanding of lighting and some knowledge of post-processing techniques and lens effects.
- Experience on multiple games and ability to work across varied art styles.
- Understands the principles of photography and PBR.
- Experience in following and guiding others on best practices, suggesting and maintaining pipelines, re-use, and optimisations.
- Experience in planning and estimating/scheduling.
- Experience in leading art teams and mentoring more junior team members.
How to apply/really impress us As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person, a cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.