We're looking for a programmer with real-time, multiplayer networking expertise looking to make a real impact to our studio’s capabilities in this area, to work on a flagship game with a cross-discipline team.
Take a leading role regarding network aspects of our project, communicating regularly with the leadership and server team highlighting risks, best practices and recommendations
- Contribute expertise and assistance in choosing real-time multiplayer network technologies
- Research and implement multiplayer game mechanics and infrastructure for the studio.
- Take ownership of project features in this area from start to finish including prototyping, architecture, profiling and maintenance
- Collaborating with server team on integration approaches
- Support junior members of the team, building up their skills and upholding best practice in this area
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results for mobile and console and perform well
- Identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and generate solutions to overcome the identified risks
Strong experience with contemporary real-time multiplayer networking, middleware, peer to peer and client server architecture
- Experience developing at least one real-time multiplayer game
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects
- Strong maths skills and programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Understanding of performance considerations, memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimisation
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Engineers code
- A strong passion for making games
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 150 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games. We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Working with us
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in an ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
Applying for this role
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small recruitment team we try our very best to respond to everyone that applies but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re very grateful for every application that we receive.
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team.