Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
We are looking for an office manager for our studio in Madrid to help us with the many day to day administrative tasks, help us organize special events and, in short, solve all the bits and pieces that keep the office running.
You are an organized person, enthusiastic and efficient. You have a good English level, are proficient with Word, Powerpoint and Excel (or Google alternatives) and really don’t mind taking care of a wide range of tasks.
We offer permanent contract, salary based on experience, a great working place and more perks and benefits.
What we are looking for
We are seeking someone with strong attention to detail that can get stuck in immediately, identifying ways to improve the space and experience. A good candidate would be someone that enjoys interacting with others, has a natural sense of humour, and enjoys bringing order to chaos in a creative way. As the office manager of our growing Madrid studio, you’ll be supporting a team of over 50 people and a space of over 500 sq meters, in a studio with a strong creative and people-focused culture.
You’ll be working on:
- People and relationships - Providing support to the team. Arranging parties, lunches, and small but creative gestures to celebrate company success and seasonal events.
- Hospitality and visitors - Ensuring visitors can access the office and enjoy their time with us.
- Office facilities - Ensuring the office is secure, everything works, and people are safe. Liaising with building management and/or trades. Coordinating office moves or responding to incidents if necessary.
- Office supplies - Ensuring we have everything we need such as food and drink, stationary, entertainment library, etc.
- Office presentation - Ensuring the office is clean and tidy, and people can access what they need. Liaising with cleaning company.
- Record keeping - Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of supplier relationships, keyholders, policies, and certifications.
- Admin support - Support leadership and business team with tasks such as collating receipts or arranging transport and accommodation.
- Business trip planning - Plan and book flights and accommodation for our trips to or from our UK studios.
- You are the heart of the office; responsible for creating and maintaining an exceptional environment for team members and visitors alike.
- Good English level, both written and spoken.
- Exceptional time management skills and confidence balancing proactive and reactive work.
- Able to communicate your ideas clearly, concisely and efficiently.
- Proficient in Word, Powerpoint and Excel (or Google equivalents)
- Adaptable and able to quickly pick-up new skills and ways of working.
- Comfortable working closely with others and looking after creative people.
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience managing an office of 50-100 people.
- Understanding of relevant health and safety at work regulations in Spain.
- Willingness to undergo Fire Marshal and First Aid training.
- You enjoy video games!
It is important to note that this role will involve both exciting new initiatives with a lot of encouragement, and tactfully delivering reminders and responding to complaints. It is important that you understand how to stay attentive and positive when dealing with frustrated people as well as grateful ones.
What we offer
- Permanent contract, full-time job and employee benefits.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Excellent local working conditions, great location in Madrid.
- Periodic performance and salary reviews.
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a growing company.
- Personal development time for side-projects that are interesting to you.
- Free English classes to further improve your level.
- Free access to a technical library.
- Company tech talks and events.
- Enjoy an awesome induction trip to our London office and meet the rest of the Mediatonic crew.
- Free coffee, weekly supply of juicy fruit, snacks and drinks.
How to apply/really impress us:
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person, a cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.