Senior Gameplay Programmer (Console/PC)
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with 200 people across multiple locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles, we're constantly interrogating spaces of play to push the boundaries of fun
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our London Studio.
- Working closely with Programmers, Artists, Animators and Designers to design, develop and implement outstanding gameplay experiences.
- Creating playable demos to explore game design, using rapid prototyping while ensuring code is robust and maintainable
- Accepting and responding quickly to critical feedback
- Seizing opportunities to add polish and extra value for players
- Liaising with other disciplines, planning the integration between their work and gameplay components
- Solid commercial gameplay programming experience on a released console and/or mobile title
- Unity C# experience
- Ability to work closely with designers on prototypes and iterate quickly
- Passionate communicator able to work closely with other disciplines
- Possess exceptional problem solving and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of all aspects of game development particularly 3D maths, animation, rendering and physics
- Knowledge and experience of building controllable characters using animation systems, blend trees, IK and ragdoll physics
- Passion for gameplay, design principles and insights on what values which make games good or bad
- Lead / Mentoring
- Experience of working in large team
- Strong communication / interpersonal skill
- Experience of using C++
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you? Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
**We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this**