UI Artist - Fortitude Games
Fortitude is a new studio based in Guildford, UK, dedicated to building innovative and creative games. By spring-boarding from parent company Mediatonic’s wealth of experience and connections, we’re growing quickly and pouring heart and soul into developing exciting titles that provide players with surprising, polished and high-quality experiences that are able to cut through a crowded marketplace.
We are looking to hire highly-motivated and talented individuals with the passion and skills to deliver premium-quality games from day one, while growing as part of a small team working with original properties and highly-acclaimed IPs to create a world-class games studio.
As UI Artist at Fortitude, you'll be responsible for ensuring our games are a joy to interact with.
We are hiring for a specific title at the moment, with a bold, cartoonish and flamboyant style – but we are constantly pitching and working on a wide range of titles across multiple platforms, so you’ll need to be comfortable with a wide range of styles.
Typically, you'll be working within one of our studio teams to lead the UI design and UX from the start to the end of a project.
As part of the core team crafting games with us, you will need to be able to:
- Design original and beautiful user-interfaces
- Illustrate UI components such as icons and assets
- Lead the UI design and UX from the start to the end of a project
- Champion UX, mapping our player journey and information flow
- Ensure players have the information they need at precisely the right time
- Contribute to concepts and pitches
- Troubleshoot live products and designs
- Work with technical delivery teams to solve technical and logistical issues with UI
In addition to those fundamentals, we’d also like to see the following where possible:
- 2+ years commercial experience in the games industry, working on UI
- Advanced skills in design software such as Photoshop & Illustrator
- A strong portfolio of User Interface and Application designs (ideally for mobile or console games)
- A passion for excellence in interface design and usability
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional eye for detail and quality
- Experience with Unity is (not essential but highly desirable)
In addition to a short, sharp CV we would like to hear a little extra from you.
Please include with your application no more than one A4 page detailing:
What attracted you to this role
What you believe you can offer that is unique to yourself
We are a small studio in the heart of Guildford working on flagship titles to put Fortitude on the map.
Our staff includes multi-BAFTA nominated talent and games expertise spanning more than 10 years. We have a close and highly-developed working relationship with parent company Mediatonic and their extensive network and support, meaning that we are taking on large-scale challenges and growing more rapidly than would otherwise be possible.
We look forward to your application!