DescriptionWe are looking for a Client Engineer to join our awesome team in Madrid, working on awesome mobile titles like Gears POP! Yahtzee with buddies and more!You will be part of a world-class group of programmers building original games for a variety of platforms, including Xbox One, mobile and Steam, though . You will be responsible for planning and implementing game features and tools, and help the production team to bring game concepts to life. You will be passionate about games and understand how to leverage technology to make the magic happen. You’ll have a comprehensive understanding of hardware and system limitations, and be prepared to think laterally about how to achieve awesome gameplay and visuals. Being part of a multi-discipline team we’ll also expect you to keep abreast of technologies outside your area, and encourage you to share your own expertise with the rest of the team.
- Interpreting design requirements as well as the studio's creative aspirations
- Agree and implement strategy for project R&D, infrastructure, systems and features
- Analysing technical capabilities and resourcing requirements
- Collaborate on the roadmap and sprint planning, providing estimates and technical plans
- Coordinate planning to ensure technology plans are robust and communicated to stakeholders, reporting progress both internally and externally
- Collaborating with the Principal Engineering Team shaping best standards across the studi
- Excellent programming skills in C# and / or C++, with a deep understanding of OOP and coding best practices.
- At least one commercial game title under your belt.
- Familiarity with game engines like Unity (preferably) or Unreal.
- Experience using source control systems such as Git, SVN or Perforce.
- A strong level of spoken and written English to communicate with our UK teams.
- Experience with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS).
- A clear understanding of the particular challenges in game development, such as art workflow, performance optimisations, memory management and supporting multiple platforms.
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation.
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles.
- Experience with modern graphics programming, including Cg/HLSL and/or compute shaders, is a strong plus.
- Experience with build scripts and systems (i.e. Jenkins, TeamCity, Ant, Make, etc).
- Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender...) is a plus.
Mediatonic is a one of the UK's largest independent game makers with around 150 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people who devote their careers to crafting awesome original games. We produce around three new titles every year and deliver them to millions of players with backing from the UK’s top industry veterans and carefully selected partners.
You’ll find our games on Smartphones, Console and PC platforms being enjoyed by millions of people all over the world!
Working with us
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in an ambitious teams we strive to create an open, down-to-earth workplace.
Our studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches.
Applying for this role
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small recruitment team we try our very best to respond to everyone that applies but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re very grateful for every application that we receive.
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team