Digital Content Designer (Brand Side)
Digital Content Designer
Mediatonic is one of the largest independent game developers in the UK – we’ve won awards for creativity and humour, hit top grossing charts on multiple platforms around the world and built one of the nicest, most talented teams in the games industry.
Working closely with our Marketing Manager and supporting our Creative and Director teams, you’ll be creating the digital and print brand assets that bring our culture to life.
Mediatonic takes great UX & design very, very seriously - in the midst of a complete brand overhaul, this is your chance to help pave the visual identity of a global games company.
Building on-brand digital and print content for multiple channels, you’ll be elevating everything you touch to an art form, be it putting the tweaks on fresh content for our website to designing jaw-dropping graphics for social; be it making our corporate pitch presentations worthy of the games we make, or building out sweet merch and signage for trade shows.
Working in a creative, fast-moving & tech-savvy culture, this is an incredibly rare opportunity to build a brand in a company where it really counts.
Passionate about design, user-experience and creativity, you’ll get to work on a wide variety of design projects including:
- Be our brand guardian, ensure our new identity stays true to its spirit, no matter where it appears across digital and print
- Create visual assets for all from super-slick corporate presentations to dazzling social media graphics, to company swag to celebrate exciting moments within the studio
- Support our Digital Comms efforts by keeping our website looking sleek with plenty of content refreshes and by creating a constant flow of media.
- Show the world what’s happening in our studios whether it’s celebrating a new game from our Madrid team or throwing the spotlight on beautiful Inktober sketchbooks by artists in London, whether you’re curating our Instagram photography to designing infographics, gifs, or video clips for our latest blog post.
- Design playful new physical merchandise from hoodies to stickers and badges so that we can wear our new visual identity with pride
- Work alongside leading agencies to deliver larger marketing programs and ensure that we maximise our communications and game art assets
Unafraid to roll up your sleeves, you have proven digital and print design experience and are eager to build your career in a creative in-house role.
- A beautiful online portfolio demonstrating aptitude in a wide range of digital skills. Your work might include any combination of web design, graphics, illustration, photography, animation, branding, video or UX but how could you possibly choose just one!? Your portfolio should clearly show a combination of software tools demonstrating underlying design talent in different media.
- Broad software skills (we are software and hardware agnostic so we can shape the role to use your favourites!). Helpful examples might include expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, InDesign, Sketch, or Cinema 4D
- Experience of modern web CMS systems such as Craft, Drupal etc, not essential but a nice bonus.
- Skills to support website management such as ability to tweak cascading style sheets, experience with UX tools etc for extra brownie points.
- Experience in digital (essential) and print design experience, agency or in-house
- Proven ability to work with varied briefs & conflicting priorities
- Exceptional ability to drill into a brief, and comprehend the priorities of people at multiple levels (and disciplines in) an organisation
- Desire to tap into and become a key part of a friendly, creative culture
- Ability to tie together disparate visual styles into a cohesive style
- Restless, creative with exceptional initiative and self-drive
Apply with your CV, portfolio, and a message about why you’re the perfect fit
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you? Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.