Digital Content Designer (Brand Side)
Working closely with our Marketing Manager, Commercial Director and supporting our Business and Creative teams, you’ll be creating digital and print brand assets that bring our culture to life.
We're looking for someone to build on-brand content for multiple channels, elevating everything you touch to an art form. Whether you're putting the tweaks on fresh content for our website, finding new ways to work with our logo, making our corporate pitch presentations or building out sweet merch and signage for trade shows, your design skills will visually define the personality of the studio.
Working in a creative, fast-moving & tech-savvy culture, this is an incredibly rare opportunity to build a brand in a company where it really counts. Passionate about design, user-experience and creativity, you’ll get to work on a wide variety of design projects including:
- Assist our new brand development by creating high quality visual assets, contributing to our brand book, and designing presentation and branded document templates worthy of the games we make for our 200 strong team to deploy
- Support our Digital Comms program including maintaining our new website producing a constant flow of media –with a particular focus on video content for our dev diaries and behind the scenes comms
- Plan, film, direct and edit regular, high quality video content for external communications on our Website, YouTube and beyond to create dynamic and meaningful windows into life at MT. Working with our Marketing Manager to identify and generate stories across the business, you’ll deliver varied, high quality content-from game specific dev diaries to behind the scenes insights, from pitch-quality show reels to educational and outreach content
- Work with Marketing Manager to build engaged audiences across our website and social channels creating high quality, meaningful digital, visual and video content
- Show the world what’s happening in our studios whether it’s celebrating a new office for our Madrid team or throwing the spotlight on sketchbooks by artists in London
- Building up an active Social Media presence to support Recruitment and PR efforts. Producing creative assets that do our new brand look and feel justice from original photography to designing info graphics or video clips for our latest blog post
- Design on-tone physical merchandise from hoodies to stickers to keep our content and swag alive and lively
A proactive self-starter, you have proven digital and print design experience, are a passionate and talented video creator and are eager to uncover stories waiting to be told in order to build your career in a creative in-house role.
- A beautiful online portfolio demonstrating aptitude in a wide range of digital skills. Your work might include any combination of web design, graphics, illustration, photography, animation, branding, video or UX but how could you possibly choose just one!? Your portfolio should clearly show a combination of software tools demonstrating underlying design talent in different media.
- Experience in creating and editing quality video a must
- Broad software skills (we are software and hardware agnostic). Maybe you have expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, InDesign, Sketch, Pinnacle, 3D Studio Max, Mayer or Principle
- Experience of modern web CMS systems such as Craft, Drupal etc, not essential but a bonus
- Skills to support website management such as ability to tweak cascading style sheets, experience with UX tools etc desirable
- Experience in digital (essential) and print design experience, agency or in- house
- Proven ability to work with varied briefs & conflicting priorities
- Exceptional ability to tap into a brief, and comprehend the priorities of people at multiple levels (and disciplines in) an organisation
- Desire to tap into and become a key part of a friendly, creative culture
- Restless, creative with exceptional initiative and self-drive
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles, we are in the midst of a comms and branding overhaul that we’re looking for the right person to be a part of.
WORKING WITH US
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term. Working in ambitious teams, we strive to create an open down-to-earth workplace.
Our Mediatonic studios are based in the heart of central London, Brighton and Madrid and all have their own games rooms and fully stocked fridge. You’ll find plenty of social events and activities during and outside of work time including game and pizza nights, game jams, tech talks, pub trips and office lunches —not to mention the 25+ speciality groups set up by individuals within the studio, ranging from Ghibli film night to life drawing to multiple DnD groups.
APPLYING FOR THE ROLE
We receive thousands of applications every year. As a small recruitment team we try our very best to respond to everyone that applies but we don’t always get this right. We know how hard it is to find the right role and we’re very grateful for every application that we receive.
Here’s some advice when applying to Mediatonic…
A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about is essential to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with at least one member of our recruitment team. In this role, remember a portfolio is essential.