Game Programmer - Fortitude Games
As a Game Programmer at Fortitude you will be responsible for planning and implementing game features and tools as well as helping the production team to bring game concepts to life.
You will be passionate about games and understand how to leverage technology to make the “magic” happen. You’ll have a comprehensive understanding of hardware and system limitations, and be prepared to think laterally about how to achieve industry-leading gameplay and visuals.
Being part of a multi-discipline team we’ll also expect you to keep abreast of technologies outside your area, and encourage you to share your own expertise and passions with the rest of the team.
● Shipped at least 1 title with Unity, and at least 2 shipped commercial games.
● A strong passion for computer games programming.
● Excellent knowledge of C#, with a clear understanding of OOP and coding best practices
● A clear understanding of the particular challenges in game development, such as art workflow, performance optimisations, memory management and supporting multiple platforms.
● Experience using source control systems such as SVN, Git & Perforce.
● Strong maths skills.
● Love making games!
● Experience in other programming languages such as C and / or C++
● Experience with non-Unity game engines (UE4 etc.)
● Experience with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS) and frameworks (e.g. 2DToolkit).
● Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation.
● Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles.
● Familiar with data-orientated design.
● Experience with build scripts and systems i.e. Jenkins, Team City, Ant, Make etc...
● Experience with UGUI
● Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender...) is a plus.
In addition to a short, sharp CV we would like to hear a little extra from you.
Please include with your application no more than one A4 page detailing:
1. What attracted you to this role
2. What you believe you can offer that is unique to yourself
We are a small studio in the heart of Guildford working on flagship titles to put Fortitude on the map while maintaining a good work-life balance.
Our staff includes multi-BAFTA nominated talent and games expertise spanning more than 10 years.
We have a close and highly-developed working relationship with parent company Mediatonic and their extensive network and support, meaning that we are taking on large-scale challenges and growing more rapidly than would otherwise be possible.
The advertised role is one of an initial set of key hires, offering an opportunity to have an enormous impact on shaping our ambitious and creative studio.
We look forward to your application!